MISFITS - An archive for the retired Oxfordshire-based film company
This is Page 1 of 2
Page 1 DVD Covers, video covers, stills, trailer and complete video for A HILL OF BEANS.
Page 2 A Hill Of Beans Production Photographs.
Three men, survivors of an apocalyptic nightmare face their last battle; the battle for survival.
|A HILL OF BEANS|
Below: YouTube version of the complete video.
Now Available On DVD (Click on pictures below to enlarge)
|DVD cover produced by James Spence||Inside DVD cover||DVD label|
A HILL OF BEANS (1995)
Three men, survivors of an apocalyptic nightmare face their last battle; the battle for survival. With no remaining foodstocks, the decision whether to leave the underground nuclear bunker becomes a matter of life and death.
Soundtrack by Laurence Williams and Phil Young.
Titles and editing by James Spence.
Directed by James Spence.
Produced by James Spence and Tim Harris. Running time: 71 mins.
A HILL OF BLOOPERS (1995)
Out-takes taken from the filming of A HILL OF BEANS. Hosted by Tim Harris as Tobias Crawford. Linking sequences filmed at Portmeirion, Wales. Edited by James Spence. Running time: 26 mins approx.
* Original title was 'A Can Of Beans'
* Originally devised as a 20 minute video
* The basic plot was devised by James and myself whilst on a walk around London
* Filming took place on around 12 days spread throughout 1992/1993.
* It took over a year to edit the video.
* Two versions exist, the second one being the most widely seen. The differences are slight: for example, footage of Captain Hollis and Daker underground at the time of the bombs dropping was added to the second version
* The soundtrack was originally put onto audio cassette, compiled by myself using dialogue from the film and the music of Laurence Williams and Phil Young. A CD version was created by Phil Young in 1998
* There were six cans of beans dressed with "Government Emergency Supplies" labels on them (designed by James Spence)
* Emerson's wedding ring was actually a converted toy water firing ring with the squeezy bulb removed
- Stills from A HILL OF BEANS -
(Click on pictures below to enlarge)
|Three men under pressure. A manic Devlin.||Daker (James Spence), a man in trouble, deep, deep trouble.||A psychotic Emerson (Tim Harris).|
|Hollis doesn't feel optimistic...||Croucher barely has respect for Emerson.||Emerson and Croucher look as the bombs flying over.|
|Croucher and fellow soldier try to take refuge (and fail).||Emerson is persuaded to hand over the key to the outside world.||He's persuaded to do so by Devlin.|
|Daker unsure of Devlin's state of mind.||Emerson remembers the past.||On the surface of the damaged Earth.|
|Devlin tries to be laid back.||A tense situation above ground.||Devlin gets ready for dinner.|
|Daker wonders what Devlin is capable of.||Daker in pensive mood.||Daker is injured (ouch, that's gotta hurt).|
|Devlin puts on a determined face.||...And decides to go into action.||Daker fights for his life.|
|The final meeting between Daker and Devlin.|
|Older Video Covers and Other Designs|
The first video cover 1995.
|The second video cover, designed by Tim Harris in 2000.|
|The movie poster 1985.||The soundtrack audio cassette cover designed by Tim Harris in 1985.||Part of the Oakridge army base sign. Bit phallic huh?|