MISFITS - An archive for the retired Oxfordshire-based film company
Not Yet Available On DVD
A Man Trapped In The Corners Of His Mind...
"Who am I, where am I, what am I doing here?"
"You're as much a prisoner here as I am!"
Cast: Tim Harris (Man/Entity)
Screenplay and pretty much everything else, Tim Harris
Soundtrack by Laurence Williams and Phil Young
Running time: 28 mins approx.
XONUS: The Bits You Didn't See (1995)
A collection of bits and out-takes that never made it into the final production.
Running time: 10 mins approx.
|The third video cover by Tim Harris (2000)|
A man wakes up in a house with very little memory. A being appears out of nowhere and looks very similar to the man. The man struggles to recall his past and the entity teases the man into remebering certain parts, whilst all the time observing the man's reactions. Once the man realises the full truth of what is going on he knows he is in danger.
* Filmed and edited whilst 'A Hill Of Beans' was being edited
* Filmed in 2 blocks, March to May 1994 and January to April 1995
|* Other footage was taken from
videos filmed by James Spence, Andrew Harris and a documentary on thunder storms around
* Animation, morphing and titles were created using an Amiga 1200
* The first four minutes of XONUS were re-edited when I decided to replace certain effects from the original version.
* The beginning title sequence was changed and the original appears in "XONUS: The Bits You Didn't See"
* Xonus: A supernatural occurrence initiated by extra terrestrial influence
* Please note that Xonus will be delayed from appearing on DVD or the internet until further notice. The production is to be digitally repaired and re-edited and this is likely to take longer than first envisaged. It will be a long time before it appears.
- Stills from XONUS -
(Click on pictures below to enlarge)
|Trapped in a house of memories.||A silent man who looks like himself.||Man having his mind torn apart.|
|A significant memory (Portmeirion).||Overlooking the village square.||As memories are shown to him...|
|Pilot of a starship.||Attack on a planet watched by both man and entity.||Entity stands looking distant in his own tortured memories.|
|Entity reads Shakespeare and does not enjoy it.||Entity pondering his mission.||Entity defends himself from attack.|
The photos below were taken by
James Spence in January 1996. They were taken to test James' camera (with
regards to lighting techniques). They have nothing to do with Xonus but I
couldn't think of anywhere else to stick them: they were taken in between
making 'Xonus' and 'Iron Law'. Note the 'Hill Of Beans'
poster in the background of two of the pictures.
I've used the first picture for the basis of my Christmas cards on more than one occasion.
|Older Video Cover Designs|
Left: Alternate third cover by Tim Harris (2000)
|The first video cover by Tim Harris (1995)||The second cover by Tim Harris (1997)|